My Blog Is Not Dead: It Was Sleeping
My Blog Is Not Dead: It Was Sleeping
A new beginning for MyDiaryPages
For quite some time, my blog MyDiaryPages has been quiet.
Looking at the long gap between my posts, someone might reasonably think that my blog is dead. But no—it is not dead.
It was only sleeping.
And now, after a long interval, I feel like waking it up again.
My blog, MyDiaryPages, is hosted at balwabtsingh.blogspot.com. It has been a part of my life for years. I have written about many things—life, society, education, personal experiences, observations and thoughts. But gradually, other activities occupied my time and attention.
One of the biggest reasons was my YouTube channel, School Of Grammar.
I became busy preparing lessons and making educational material for students. Grammar, sentence transformation, synthesis, narration and other English topics took much of my time. I enjoyed this work, but somewhere along the way, my blog became neglected.
Then there was another important responsibility—Masters Athletics.
I am associated with the Masters Athletics Sports Development Association, Dehradun, and sports activities have become another meaningful part of my life. This year, the State Meet is scheduled for 16 and 17 October 2026.
There is something even more exciting ahead.
For the first time, a National Athletics Meet will be held in Uttarakhand, at Maharana Sports Stadium, Dehradun, from 17 to 20 March 2027. Being connected with Masters Athletics at such a time gives me a special feeling of participation and responsibility.
So, between YouTube, athletics, social activities and ordinary family life, my poor blog had to wait!
My Village Is Still Close to My Heart
My native village Kharaun is only about 26 kilometres from my present residence ina Hill Station, Almora. The distance is small, but the emotional connection is much greater.
Whenever there is a ritual, social occasion or other important activity in the village, I sometimes go there and spend time with the village people.
I enjoy being among them.
Village life has its own warmth. People know one another, share joys and sorrows, and remain connected with each other's lives. Whenever something unfortunate happens in the village, I also feel the sorrow of the community.
Perhaps these experiences deserve a place in my blog too.
A New Member of the Family
This year brought us one of life's happiest moments.
On 14 August 2026, I was blessed with a granddaughter. Her naming ceremony was also held on 14 August.
At my age, such an occasion brings a special kind of happiness. A new child in the family reminds us that life continues to move forward. We become aware that while we are growing older, another generation is just beginning its journey.
Perhaps this is another subject for MyDiaryPages: the experience of becoming a grandfather and watching a new generation grow.
And Then There Is Roxy
Before my granddaughter arrived, there was already another member of the family who demanded attention—my dog Roxy.
Roxy is not merely a dog in the house. Like any pet, Roxy has become part of the family.
Sometimes Roxy falls ill, and then I have to take her to the hospital. These incidents may appear small to someone else, but when we live with an animal for years, its happiness and suffering become our concern too.
Life is made up of such apparently small things.
A village visit, a sick dog, a family ceremony, a sports event, a book, a conversation—perhaps these are exactly the things that make a diary worth writing.
Reading Is Still My Hobby
Reading remains one of my favourite activities.
Even though I do not always get as much time for reading as I would like, books continue to attract me. Reading gives me ideas, information and sometimes subjects for writing.
But there is a difficulty.
The weather is uncertain, life is uncertain, and sometimes even my own energy is uncertain!
At 72, I often sit down with the intention of writing a blog post. I think, Today I will write.
Then laziness comes.
Sometimes weakness comes.
Sometimes sleepiness wins the battle.
And the proposed article remains unwritten!
But perhaps I should not be too hard on myself.
At this stage of life, writing should be a pleasure rather than a race.
My Connection with DAY CARE SOCIETY
I am also a member of DAY CARE SOCIETY, and I attend its meetings and functions whenever possible.
Being associated with a social organisation gives me opportunities to meet people, listen to their views and understand issues concerning society and senior citizens.
These meetings and functions also provide many possible subjects for writing.
Why should I search everywhere for topics when life is happening around me?
Perhaps I only need to observe more carefully and write more regularly.
The Biggest Question: What Do I Get in Return?
There is, however, another question that has sometimes discouraged me from blogging.
What is the result of my writing?
Do people read it?
Do they respond?
Does anyone find it useful?
And, frankly, there is also the question of money.
We live in a world where almost everything is measured by results—income, wages, prizes, views, likes and responses. Naturally, I too sometimes wonder whether the time and effort spent writing can bring some financial return through Google or other means.
But perhaps I have been looking at blogging from the wrong angle.
A blog is not necessarily a shop where every article must immediately produce money.
Sometimes the reward is a reader.
Sometimes it is a comment.
Sometimes it is the satisfaction of expressing an idea.
And sometimes an article written today may be read by someone years later.
Still, I would be dishonest if I said that results and financial returns do not matter to me. They do. At this stage of life, one's time and effort are valuable.
But I have begun to understand that expecting an immediate return from every article can itself become a reason for stopping.
I Am Not an Expert Blogger
Another reason for my hesitation is simple:
I am not an expert blogger.
My knowledge of blogging is average. I do not know all the technical tricks of SEO, search ranking, monetisation, keywords and digital marketing.
But perhaps that should not stop me.
I am not trying to become a professional blogger overnight.
I simply want to write.
I have lived for 72 years. I have seen changes in society, education, villages, cities, technology and family life. I have been a teacher, a sports enthusiast, a reader, a member of social organisations, a YouTube creator and, above all, an ordinary person observing life.
Surely there must be something worth sharing in all that experience.
So, What Should I Write Next?
This is now the most important question.
What should I write?
Perhaps I have been searching too hard for the answer.
Maybe the answer is already around me.
I can write about my village Kharaun.
I can write about Masters Athletics and the coming National Meet in Dehradun.
I can write about my experiences with School Of Grammar and what I have learned from YouTube.
I can write about DAY CARE SOCIETY and the lives and concerns of senior citizens.
I can write about reading, books and old memories.
I can write about Roxy, Rottweiller breed, my pet.
I can write about becoming a grandfather.
I can write about life at 72—the joys, the weaknesses, the laziness, the memories and the hopes.
And perhaps I can simply write about what I see around me.
That may be the real meaning of a diary.
MyDiaryPages Will Continue
So, dear reader, if you happen to visit MyDiaryPages after a long silence, please don't think that you have found a dead blog.
My blog is not dead.
It was sleeping.
And now I am trying to wake it up.
I don't promise that I will publish every day. I don't even promise that every article will be perfect. Sometimes I may write about something serious; sometimes something very ordinary. Sometimes the article may be about society, sports or education. At other times it may simply be about a memory, a village visit, a book, a family occasion or an experience with Roxy.
But I want to continue.
Because perhaps writing is not only about getting views, money or recognition.
Writing is also a way of keeping one's experiences alive.
And as long as I have something to observe, something to remember and something to say—
MyDiaryPages will have something to write.
And now, the next page begins.
I think this can become a “restart article” for my blog, after which I can write a series of very personal posts rather than worrying about finding perfect subjects. I can next prepare 10 strong, easy-to-write topics for MyDiaryPages, specifically based on my village, age, athletics, YouTube, reading, family and everyday experiences.
Comments
Post a Comment
please do not enter any spam link in the comment box. Always, expect positive, innovative ideas for promotion of my blog. Your comments are very important for me.You are most welcome. I m from India, would like to enrich your knowledge relating to Indian mythology and way of life.